Programs and activities
Securing Investment for Canada & USA 2013
Unique Program for Economic Developments Actors
Québec, October 8-11
Quebec International and GDP Global are proud to offer an advanced program for every development actor in wonderful Quebec City.
What is it?
Securing Investment 2013 is a comprehensive four-day program that covers the main aspects of investment and trade promotion. The program goal is to provide a forum for training, team-building and networking based on best practices in investment and trade promotion in Canada, USA and the rest of the world.
In addition to providing essential information to participants, the program also facilitates a better understanding of key issues by international economic promoters at national, provincial, state, and municipal levels.
An opportunity that’s not to be missed
Be sure to take advantage of this outstanding opportunity to network with leading market professionals and hone your business acumen and knowledge. The program is designed for anyone involved in investment and trade promotion and will cover a wide range of subjects.
What the program includes
Expert international learning sessions and guest contributions from Canada’s best promoters will cover the following topics:
- International business and investment opportunities for your part of Canada
- Foreign direct investment (FDI) attraction strategies and operations
- Trends in regional cooperation between federal, provincial, municipal, and other economic promoters
- Essential skills for working with companies to secure investments
- International best practices in investment promotion and business facilitation
- Best practices in place branding to attract investments
Who should attend?
The program is designed for individuals and small groups from organizations involved in economic development and trade and investment promotion. The program is ideally suited for:
- Trade and investment account and project managers and management teams
- Finance, administration, and HR personnel
- Directors, planners, and senior executives involved in trade, inward investment, aftercare, strategy, evaluation policy, and operational matters
- Executives with less than two years’ experience in investment promotion regardless of their previous work experience
- Experienced and senior staff involved in marketing, communications, research, and direct contact with companies at a high level
- Staff from banks, law firms, accounting firms, and commercial real estate companies dealing with inward investment clients
- Senior economic, trade, and commercial counsellors in overseas embassies, consulates, and missions
Register before July 31, 2013, and get a 15% discount!
Register two or more people from your organization and get an extra discount!
A 2-day course is also available (October 8-9 or 10-11. Please call Québec International for details.)
Register before July 31th and get 15 % discount!
Register 2 or more people from your organization and get extra discount!
Also available 2 days course (8-9 October or 10-11 October. Please call Quebec International for details)
Hotel Manoir Victoria
44 Côte du Palais,
Québec, QC G1R 4H8
View Larger Map
Provided by GDP Global
About GDP Global
GDP Global is a specialised economic promotion consultancy. It provides consulting, benchmarking, investment promotion and training services to trade and investment promotion organisations worldwide. Its training activities are amongst the most dedicated worldwide in respect of economic development.
Recent assignments include public participation programs in London twice a year (The Complete Investment Promotion Program), dedicated client performance improvement programs throughout Europe, South Africa and Australasia, and coordinated national training programs in Australia, New Zealand and South East Europe.
GDP Global provides the full scope of Strategic Planning Consultancy. It also offers investment promotion and lead generation services to clients, both directly and through a network of GDP Global associate consultancies. Notable assignments include global strategy rethink at a German state IPA, future strategy development in Australia, sector targeting strategy for three regions of Turkey.
GDP Global also organises low cost Monitoring & Evaluation Programs annually of IPAs through its IPA Benchmarking Program www.ipabenchmarking.com, operating since 2001. The information derived on global best practice makes a unique contribution to its in-house training workshops all over the world. The latest performance observations are available to clients in confidential reports, and also the public in official public reports. GDP Global also runs its special economic Zones Benchmarking Program, now in its fifth year.
GDP Global’s training arm - The European Academy of Business Development, aims to provide professional, dedicated and cost effective training to agency clients. The European Academy has delivered more than 55 public and in-house training and development programs in 2005-11. More than 1,200 delegates globally participated in public and in house programs, including i.a. CEOs, senior executives and project teams. Courses are held in London, throughout Europe, South Africa, North and South America and in Australasia.
A more detailed explanation of the company and its principal consultants is provided at the company website: www.gdpglobal.com.
View the Securing Investment for Canada & USA 2013 page on GDP Global's website