In this beginning of April, which we hope will bring more peaceful times, I once again invite you to discover the work of businesses from the Québec City region that made the news outside the province.
Québec City’s video game industry was once again under the spotlight this month. Nine Dots Studio announced that their game Outward, launched in 2019, will be coming to PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S and PC in May this year. Sweet Bandits Studio has joined forces with the American video game publisher Tripwire Presents and is expecting its game Deceive Inc. to launch at the beginning of 2023. Meanwhile, FIKA Productions has announced the launch of its game Ship of Fools, which will be published by British editor Team17, known for the video game series Worms and Overcooked!
Nine Dots Studio :
- France: https://www.gamereactor.fr/la-definitive-edition-de-outward-arrive-prochainement-sur-pc-ps5-et-xbox-series/
- United Kingdom: https://www.rpgsite.net/news/12507-outward-definitive-edition-launches-for-playstation-5-xbox-series-xs-and-pc-in-may
- United States: https://bleedingcool.com/games/outward-definitive-edition-will-launch-on-consoles-this-may/
Sweet Bandits Studios :
- Québec: https://gamersgrade.com/deceive-inc-announced-by-tripwire-interactive-and-sweet-bandits-studios/
- International: https://www.shacknews.com/article/129364/tripwire-presents-partners-with-sweet-bandit-studios-to-release-deceive-inc
- International: https://www.mmobomb.com/news/tripwire-partners-sweet-bandit-studios-multiplayer-espionage-game-deceive-inc
- United States: https://www.gematsu.com/2022/03/multiplayer-stealth-game-deceive-inc-announced-for-ps5-xbox-series-and-pc
FIKA Productions :
- Québec : https://www.lesoleil.com/2022/03/09/fika-productions-sallie-avec-un-editeur-anglais-pour-commercialiser-son-jeu-video-6bd1e01f809cb92c9c68fd94c6ccc381
Québec City business Poitras Industries, specializing in signage, urban furniture and architectural projects, shared some excellent news at the beginning of March: the company was selected to carry out a major $8 million contract for the New York City Subway. This is the first allocated part of a global contract of $200 million that the company is coveting for the coming years. This will give the Québec City region nice visibility in one of the largest cities in the United States.
- Quebec: https://www.journaldemontreal.com/2022/03/09/contrat-de-8m-pour-le-metro-de-new-york
- International: https://www.world-today-news.com/8-million-contract-for-the-new-york-subway/
In early March, the Quebec cranberry and wild blueberry processing company Fruit d’Or announced the acquisition of Decas Cranberry Products, another cranberry processing company based in Massachusetts that already exports products to more than 40 countries. The news travelled throughout Canada and the United States and we can already expect to hear more from this Quebec institution.
- Quebec: https://www.lesaffaires.com/secteurs-d-activite/manufacturier/fruit-dor-fait-une-acquisition-ax-etats-unis/623336
- Canada: https://www.foodincanada.com/food-business/fruit-dor-of-quebec-acquires-decas-cranberry-products-of-massachusetts-147691/
- US: https://www.wickedlocal.com/story/carver-reporter/2021/03/10/decas-cranberry-products-carver-acquired-fruit-dor-quebec/6944191002/
- Canada: https://www.fruitandveggie.com/quebec-berry-processor-acquires-decas-cranberry-products/
Vantage Data Centers
In March, Vantage Data Centers, one of the top global suppliers of data centres in the United States, Canada, Europe and Asia and Pacific, announced investments of $900 million in Québec City and Montréal. For Québec City, the company is looking to expand its existing campus with a third 32 MW data centre of 261,000 sq ft, which should open next summer and create 140 well-paid, quality jobs in the region. The news was relayed by several newspapers around the world, contributing to Quebec’s visibility on the international scene.
- Quebec: https://www.journaldequebec.com/2022/03/17/centres-de-donnees-lentreprise-americaine-vantage-mise-900-m-au-quebec
- Canada: https://www.edgeir.com/vantage-data-centers-to-expand-regional-edge-presence-with-cad900m-investment-in-canadian-operations-20220318
- Italy: https://bebeez.it/en/real-estate-in-asia-pacific/vantage-data-centers-invests-cad900-million-to-expand-canadian-operations/
- Netherlands: https://www.telecompaper.com/news/vantage-data-centers-to-invest-cad-900-mln-more-into-quebec-operations--1418126
Once again, congratulations to all these businesses that are making the greater Québec City region shine throughout the world. I am very happy to see them contribute so brilliantly to Québec City’s global recognition, and they can count on us to support their growth.
Did you see any stories of local businesses shining outside Quebec lately? Tell us about it at email@example.com!
Until next month!
President and CEO, Québec International