QUÉBEC CITY JEAN LESAGE INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT
Offering more destinations and developing new air connections for travellers from the Québec City region—those are the goals that the Québec City Jean Lesage International Airport’s leadership is striving for. In fact, starting May 2022, the airline Air France will implement a new connection from the Charles de Gaulle Airport in Paris to Québec City, with three flights per week. Amongst other things, this new route will promote the region’s economic recovery and consolidate Québec City’s position as an international destination. This excellent news will undoubtedly contribute to the region’s socio-economic development.
- Quebec: https://www.lesoleil.com/2022/01/17/air-france-reliera-quebec-a-paris-des-mai-2022-bf385426581d3ead8f4bcbd6009a584f
- Canada: https://www.travelpulsequebec.ca/nouvelles/compagnies-aeriennes/air-france-volera-bientot-de-laeroport-international-jean-lesage-de-quebec.html
- France: https://www.tourmag.com/Air-France-lance-la-ligne-Paris-CGD-Quebec-des-le-17-mai-2022_a111940.html
Founded in 2009, Eddyfi Technologies has now become a global reference in non-destructive testing (NDT) technologies. The company supports equipment suppliers, infrastructure owners and service companies in improving productivity, environmental protection and occupational health and safety. The Québec City-based company has completed the transaction leading to the full acquisition of Zetec, previously a subsidiary of Roper Technologies, Inc.
- Canada: https://www.theglobeandmail.com/business/article-eddyfi-looks-to-build-ma-war-chest-after-closing-us350-million-deal/
Alfred Technologies proposes an efficient wine and spirit inventory management solution for restaurants and other establishments. The Quebec company has just entered the American market with the launch of version 4.0 of its inventory management application and the opening of its first office in San Francisco. Alfred Technologies is looking to expand to five main regions, namely California, Florida, Texas, New York and Las Vegas.
- United States: https://aithority.com/technology/alfred-technologies-wine-spirits-inventory-and-management-solutions-are-now-available-in-the-u-s/
- Quebec: https://www.lesoleil.com/2021/12/15/les-celliers-intelligents-dalfred-technologies-sinstallent-aux-etats-unis-b934c6bb6d901eb7b963d551f22099c7
OPTEL Group, a world leader in supply chain traceability, is now expanding to the pharmaceutical industry with the acquisition of the trace-and-track unit of German company Körber. Through this acquisition, OPTEL Group is continuing its growth and pursuing its strategic goals on the European market while also gaining Körber’s highly qualified experts.
- Austria: https://www.nachrichten-heute.net/820418-optel-group-optel-uebernimmt-pharma-track-and-trace-einheit-von-koerber.html
Founded in 2019, Vaolo is a solidarity and collaboration platform for travellers who care about their impact on the environment and communities. In December, the Québec City startup raised $5 million from private and public investors. A new player in the European tourism industry, Vaolo has just acquired the French company U2Guide. With this acquisition, Vaolo will strengthen and diversify its responsible tourism services in the European market, more specifically in France. The company has recently moved its headquarters to the Open Tourism Lab in Nîmes.
- Canada: https://www.ledroit.com/2021/12/15/vaolo-leve-5-m-pour-democratiser-le-tourisme-durable-82bc7b44d37b3d59d8962ec8f6ad77f8
- United States: https://www.travelmassive.com/posts/vaolo-592086274
- France: https://www.tourmag.com/Vaolo-veut-devenir-la-1ere-plateforme-d-experiences-de-voyage-a-impacts-positifs_a110932.html
Congratulations to all these organizations from the Québec City region. Québec International supports the growth of local businesses.
If you have other stories of global reach to share with us, please don’t hesitate to send them to email@example.com. We love hearing from you!
Until next month!
CEO, Québec International