Many announcements and new releases
At the beginning of the year, enthusiasm is palpable when it comes to major international events in the video games industry, such as the Game Developers Conference (GDC) and the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3). Major industry players use this opportunity to announce their new releases with great pomp.
- Ubisoft Québec will head up the realization of a new game conceived, created and developed here in Québec City: Gods & Monsters. The announcement was made at the very end of Ubisoft’s conference at the E3. This new production will be available on February 25, 2020.
Along with this announcement, Ubisoft Québec unveiled the Story Creator Mode that will allow players to shape their own stories within Assassin’s Creed Odyssey. Read more here.
- Beenox, a subsidiary of Activision, will take part in the development of the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare PC version in collaboration with Infinity Ward. Read more on Beenox’s website.
- BKOM partnered with top mobile game publisher WHAT(games) to publish a new game. The first playable version is expected to be released in the second half of 2019. Read more on BKOM’s website.
- Gearbox Studio Québec released a DLC called Borderlands 2: Commander Lilith & the Fight for Sanctuary for fans of the franchise who cannot wait until the third instalment is released in September. Read more on Pèse sur start’s website (in French only).
- Larian announced the return of Baldur’s Gate in a third instalment, after a 19-year absence. This game will be the result of a collaboration with Wizards of the Coast, the company that brought us the Dungeons & Dragons saga.